Michael Callen is an Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of California, Los Angeles. He received his PhD in Economics from the University of California, San Diego. He is involved in field experiments in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uganda, and Sri Lanka. His research focuses on political economy and development.
- Using Smartphones to Reduce Electoral Fraud in Afghanistan and Uganda
- Insurgency and Unemployment in Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Philippines
- Coordinating Farmers with Cellphones in Pakistan
- Worker Personalities and Health System Quality in Pakistan
- Election Fairness and Government Legitimacy in Afghanistan