Karthik Muralidharan is an Associate Professor of Economics as UCSD. His research focuses on improving education and health in developing countries. He has conducted large-scale randomized evaluations of the impact of performance-pay for teachers and cash grants to schools in India. He also studies the impact of certification, salary increases, and continuous training programs for teachers in Indonesia.
- Contract Teachers and Student Tracking: Impacts on Student Performance in India
- Teacher Performance Pay in Andhra Pradesh, India
- Improving Governance Through Biometric Authentication and Secure Payments
- CEGA Day 2010: Innovating for the Poor - New Directions in Financial Services and Labor Markets
- CEGA Research Retreat (R^2) 2013
- Ending Poverty Through Education: New Evidence from India and Africa
- Evaluating the Costs & Benefits: Can We Do More with Less in Foreign Aid?
- Evaluating the Impact of Public Health Programs
- Evidence to Action: Engineering for Development
- The Science of Scaling: Evidence to Advance Anti-Poverty Innovations