Alain de Janvry is a Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics at UC Berkeley. He has conducted field research in Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent, focusing on rural development, quantitative analysis of development policies, impact analysis of social programs, technological innovations in agriculture, and the management of common property resources.
- Improving Access to Credit and Savings Products in Guatemala
- Evaluating the Impact of Flood-Resistant Rice on Fertilizer Use and Crop Yield in India
- Unlocking the door to migration: BRAC's migrant loan program
- Incentive Contracts for Horticulture Producers in Senegal
- Can Conditional Cash Transfers Serve as Safety Nets to Keep Children at School and Out of the Labor Market?
- Coordinating Seed Exchange to Overcome Network Failures
- Social Networks and the Decision to Insure
- The Impacts of Drought Tolerance on Local Labor Markets in India
- Long-term Diffusion and Impact of Flood-tolerant Rice
- Local Electoral Incentives and Decentralized Program Performance
- Bt cotton and pesticide use in Argentina: economic and environmental effects